Every fashion lover knows that trends come and go, but style is forever. And if there is one timeless piece of clothing that will never go out of fashion, it is the vintage dress. Whether it’s a beautiful flapper dress from the roaring twenties or a chic midi dress from the seventies, vintage dresses exude classic elegance and sophistication.
In this blog post, we will explore why vintage dresses are a great addition to your wardrobe and how you can style them from different eras, ranging from the 60s to the y2k.
Vintage Dresses are Sustainable
One of the main reasons why vintage dresses are gaining popularity is because they are sustainable. Fast fashion has contributed to the environmental crisis in many ways, from the overproduction of garments to the wastage of resources.
Vintage dresses are a more eco-friendly alternative, as they are pre-owned and have a longer lifespan. By wearing a vintage dress, you are not only adding a unique piece to your wardrobe but also contributing to the sustainable fashion movement.
Vintage Dresses are Timelessly Elegant
Vintage dresses have been around for decades, and that’s because they are timeless. Each era has its unique style, and vintage dresses reflect precisely that. From the edgy 80s to the romantic 50s, there is a vintage dress for every mood and occasion.
Vintage dresses are the perfect way to add some flair and personality to your style, and they are perfect for making a statement. You truly cannot go wrong with a timeless and elegant vintage dress.
How to Style a Vintage Dress from Every Era
- 60s: Go mod with a mini dress, knee-high boots, and a dramatic cat-eye. Accessorize with large hoops and bold prints.
- 70s: Bring the flower power with a flowing maxi dress, platforms, and a fringe bag. Tie a scarf around your head for a bohemian look.
- 80s: Embrace the bold with a shoulder-padded dress, colourful tights, and combat boots. Add some shimmer with metallic accessories.
- 90s: Channel your inner Clueless with a plaid mini dress, white trainers, and a choker necklace. Complete the look with a mini backpack.
- y2k: Bring back some nostalgia with a halter mini dress, flip-flops, and a denim jacket. Add some sparkle to your outfit with a shimmery bag and glittery hair clips.
In conclusion, vintage dresses are a great addition to any wardrobe, as they are sustainable, elegant, and timeless. You can style them in different ways, from different eras, and make them your own.
Wearing a vintage dress not only makes a statement, but it also contributes to the sustainable fashion movement by giving pre-owned clothing a new life. So the next time you’re looking for a special occasion dress or something unique to add to your daily wardrobe, consider investing in a timeless vintage dress.